Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video conversion impossible. Need help!  (Read 2373 times)

andreas

Video conversion impossible. Need help!
« on: November 17, 2007, 11:15:54 AM »
Hello

I have a big problem with my recently purchased refurbished Sony video camera (dv cassette). I discovered that I'm not able to save the movie on a single DVD so, based on certain advices, I tried to convert it with a so-called video converting software - AVS video converter. The problem is that each time I start the conversion after a short time my computer blocks completely the only solution to bring it back to life is to disconnect it and then reconnect it to power source. Not even the reset button works. Seems to be a weird problem and maybe it’s a virus but my avg free edition does not detect anything. I uninstalled and then reinstalled AVS video converter for many times but the same behavior happens.
Please help me with an advice on this problem and if it is the case how to detect and eradicate the virus.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Video conversion impossible. Need help!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 11:28:30 AM »
I assume, you save your camcorder movie to your computer, right. In what format is it saved?
I discovered that I'm not able to save the movie on a single DVD
Do you try to burn it? With what program? What Windows version?

andreas

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 12:07:58 PM »
The file extension is avi, I have nero for burning but it does not let me to burn on a DVD because the size exceeds the DVD capacity. A full cassette transfered on my computer has about 12-14gb.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 12:17:54 PM »
I'd think, Nero will ask you for next DVD, if first one is full (like Roxio does), but if not, you may need some AVI splitter, like this one:
http://www.doeasier.org/splitter/