Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS reboot Problem  (Read 3387 times)

bubs

Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS reboot Problem
« on: November 16, 2007, 05:04:43 AM »
hi.
I have a duo core 6600 with 2MB ram, and Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb. Well I have just started playing Call Of Duty 4, on all its highest settings and it runs like a dream, my resolution is 1280x1024. and it great. but i have noticed that all of a sudden in random parts of the game my computer will just resart itself. with no warning. now this happened before on oblivion when i used a no cd patch, but i tried it without the patch and it works fine, but sadley thats not the case for COD4. someone said it could be my power supply which is 600watt, and also drivers which i have them all up-to-date. but also i have 3 fans in my comp, but i must say the card it self does feel just a bit hot, not red hot tho.
Does anyone not what to do PLEASE????????

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS reboot Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 05:12:18 AM »
To determine if it is a heat related issue remove a side panel and place a small desk fan blowing into the case...play a few sessions and if the freezing stops then you need additional cooling.
If it still freezes you have other issues...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

bubs

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 05:34:46 AM »
i have just tried oblivion again and to be honest the way it reboots i would maybe think its power supply, yes it is 600w, but could it be faulty?. but could do without buying a £40 powersupply and the same thing happens. It only happens on top top games like COD4 and Oblivion. I mean i have Pro Evo Soccer 2008 and it works mint and dont do the same thing. I mean COD4 graphics are fantastic. and it runs great but randomly that crappy restart happens.

Cheers for replying

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 06:12:47 AM »
What make is the PSU ? ?
It could be the CDRom emulator as well...

bubs

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 07:44:54 AM »
right! just had a check. it has Jou Jye Electronics Co Ltd. (Designed for Pentium4)
600w (max) Model:jj-600. thats the only info on the PSU. Also i only know limited stuff about a PC what do u mean when u say the CD emulator? Iv only had this comp about 3 months and i noticed this problem on oblivion right away but i thought it could av been driver problem.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 11:14:02 AM »
Joy Jye doesn't exactly inspire confidence as a quality PSU brand...
But it still may not be your issue.
Any of your gaming buddies have a high end PSU you could swap in there to see if it makes a difference before you spend any cash ? ?

bubs

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 12:03:54 PM »
Sadly no, i really dont want to spend anymore money to find out that it is not the problem, and yes i agree the PSU sounds shite, sure i paid £30  for that crap. whatr else did you say it might be? CD rom emulator?