Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot Boot With BIOS Virus Protection Enables  (Read 4980 times)

corndale

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Cannot Boot With BIOS Virus Protection Enables
    « on: December 18, 2004, 06:44:06 PM »
    Previous question in this forum related to this problem: Cannot Install On Infected Computer
    « on: Dec 15th, 2004, 11:59pm
    I discovered that the BIOS virus protection was disabled.  After the BIOS virus portection was enabled, the boot process terminates prior to the Windows XP splash screen in both Safe and Normal Modes.  When enabled, the boot process proceeds as normal.  Do I need to "flush the CMOS?"  If so, what is the process?  Computer name is Protek (found out they have a terrible support reputation), Motherboard: Socket A Mainboard L7LMM2, BIOS Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 2/21/2003.  To repeat from the above link, software cannot be installed in Windows XP.  The computer was purchased through Popular Club and did not come with a Windows XP installation disk.  I am unable to get any assistance from Protek.  If, as a last resort, I purchased another Windows XP Home CD, reformatted the HD, and reinstalled the OS and all programs, would this clear up my virus problem?  Or, based on what I have explained, is the virus in the CMOS?

2k dummy

Re: Cannot Boot With BIOS Virus Protection Enables
    « Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 08:58:27 PM »
    Turn the virus protection in BIOS off and get some good antivirus software.