Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Internet Explorer - don't like ver 7 - want ver 6  (Read 3010 times)

TryingToUnderstand

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    MS Internet Explorer - don't like ver 7 - want ver 6
    « on: November 25, 2007, 07:22:47 PM »
    My new Dell computer (XP Home) came with ver 7 Internet Explorer. How can I safely uninstall it, and download Ver 6?

I like Ver 6 because I want to easily see who has the Cookies on my computer and be able to remove them, and I want to be able to see who the Temp Files are that are running, and try to delete them. 

And - I guess it's just one more thing to learn and my brain is saturated!

Thanks -

smlh89450

Beginner

Re: MS Internet Explorer - don't like ver 7 - want ver 6
      « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 07:40:33 PM »
      Don't use IE version 6!  Version 7 has a lot better security that will keep you safe online.  You can remove cookies and temp files in IE7 like you could do in IE6.
      ---------------------------------
      DELETING COOKIES
      You can delete all or some cookies in Internet Explorer.

To delete a single cookie

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
      On the General tab, under Browsing history, click Settings.
      Click the View files button.
      Click the Name column heading to sort all the files alphabetically, and then scroll down until you see files that begin with the prefix Cookie:. All cookies will have that prefix, and they usually contain the name of the website that created the cookie.
      Right-click the cookie you want to delete, click Delete, and then click Yes.
      Close the window that contains the list of files, and then click OK twice to return to Internet Explorer.
      -----------------------------------
      TO DELETE ALL COOKIES

On the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete.
      Click Delete cookies.
      When you are prompted to confirm that you want to delete cookies, click Yes.
      Click Close, and then click OK.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      TO VIEW TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES

In the Settings dialog box, click View files.
      To delete temporary Internet files

In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, click the individual button for the type of information you want to delete, or click Delete all to remove all temporary files.
      When you have finished deleting the files you want to, click Close, and then click OK.  temporary Internet files

In the Settings dialog box, click View files.
      ----------------------------------------------
      TO DELETE TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES

In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, click the individual button for the type of information you want to delete, or click Delete all to remove all temporary files.
      When you have finished deleting the files you want to, click Close, and then click OK.

TryingToUnderstand

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
        Re: MS Internet Explorer - don't like ver 7 - want ver 6
        « Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 09:16:15 PM »
        WOW! I didn't really think there was a way. Your reply is a tremendous help!
        OK -- I'll keep it!!!!

Many thanks!