Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound Problems.  (Read 3355 times)

ronaldinios

Sound Problems.
« on: November 09, 2007, 09:26:38 PM »
Alright, I'm not any good with computers and I'm not familiar with what stuff are called... But well, I can tell my computer has problems. More specifically, my sound goes funny most of the time. I've read through some other topics and their sounds go funny when something is plugged in or other things. But mine just seems that it won't play any sound. I can only watch 2 seconds of youtube and it will stop after the sound stops. Very.. weird. I'm not sure if someone can tell me whats wrong off the bat or work this out with me.. asking more specific questions.. step by step solutions... that would be great.  :) TY

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Sound Problems.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 09:32:27 PM »
What Windows version? Computer make, and model. Any errors in Device Manager?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 03:08:47 PM »
We live on details here...any you could provide will be gobbled up immediately.

;)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ronaldinios

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 05:08:25 PM »
Woah forgot to check on this for a while. Okay okay the details right? Hmm I'm using Windows XP 2002 sp2, and i dont think theres any errors shown from device manager. What u mean computer make and model? I duno but this is from the general tab from system properties... Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz 3.01GHz, 504 MB of RAM yeea.. iuno if thats what ur asking for... You gotta lead me through. I get confused about the bajillion parts of the computer.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 05:18:27 PM by ronaldinios »

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 05:42:53 PM »
What he means:

Is the computer a laptop or desktop system? Was it manufactured (Dell, HP, etc.) or custom built?

As for the device manager:

Right click 'My Computer', select the 'Hardware' tab, and click the device manager button. Check if any devices there are listed as not working properly.

ronaldinios

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 05:48:05 PM »
Oh okay. Its a custom-build desktop, and everything working fine according to the device manager

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 09:36:32 PM »
In Device Manager, what do you have listed under "Sound, video, and Game Controllers"?