Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VBS/REDLOF.A virus  (Read 5985 times)

dratul

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    VBS/REDLOF.A virus
    « on: December 19, 2004, 10:30:06 AM »
    My computer is running windows xp and is infected by virus VBS/REDLOF.A. It was detected by AVG and Norton, but both couldn’t remove it. It is located in temp. internet file. so please help to remove this virus.
    dr. atul

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: VBS/REDLOF.A virus
      « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 12:49:32 PM »
      dratul.....There's something strange going on here .....If you have Norton AV and its upto date and the subscription is current  it should have deleted that virus or at the very least placed it in quarintine......Are you certain you have Norton configured correctly ........The other thing which jumps out at me is why you have two AV....installed .....two isnt better ........

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/vbs.redlof.a.html

read this from Symantec about how to remove the virus

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 12:50:41 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Corrosive

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 01:03:53 PM »
      As a computer salesman I'd say you should come to my store and get yourself a nice new copy of Norton AV (and Personal Firewall while your at it). As a Regular Joe, dump that Norton crap and keep AVG updated... ;)

Neil

Expert
      • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
        « Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 02:18:59 PM »
        In Internet Explorer, go to tools > internet options and delete temp files (including offline) delete cookies and clear history.