Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer Printing sooooooooooo Slow  (Read 7012 times)

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Printer Printing sooooooooooo Slow
    « on: November 20, 2007, 10:28:48 AM »
    Hi! i have a HP printer 4255 officejet all in one, it was working well but recently its as started working sooooooooo slow, especialy when i'm printing in color, can any one give an idea of whats wrong and what can be done to improve the performance of this machine? I have also noticed that this behavior only happens when i'm using my destop PC a P4, with 256 MB Memory, but when i connet to my laptop it works just fine. Any help is welcome.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Printer Printing sooooooooooo Slow
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 01:57:17 PM »
    P4 does not mean that you don't have USB 1.1 read the below link
    and follow instructions.

http://www.usbman.com/Guides/checking_for_usb_2.htm

If you only have USB 1.1 on the desktop PC,below link is
    an example of what you could do.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815150097
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 01:58:06 PM »
    Install more RAM ( 512MB or more ). If XP you definately want at least 512 instead of 256, most XP systems of the P4 flavor came with 128 or 256 Ram, and worst off is if you have integrated video that eats up to 64MB into the 128 or 256, so then  XP is running on in your case potentially only 192MB Ram. Home is more forgiving at 192MB than XP Professional.

Ram should be a cheap solution maybe $20 for a 256MB stick. Be sure to get PC2100 for 266 MHz FSB Ram, PC2700 for 333MHz FSB DDR Ram, or PC3200 for 400MHz FSB DDR Ram. Most Ram have a sticker on them specifying 2100, 2700, or 3200 for the P4 flavor, and if one of the very first P4 systems less than 2.0 Ghz you may find it needs PC-100 on a rare occasion, but more common for first generation PC-133 Ram as SDRAM. You can always search through Google for others selling your same system to get specs or get specs through PC MFR if you are unsure.

Check for Disk Fragmentation on your hard drive and clean up fragmentation through Defrag to clean up the swap file that the task is temporarily spooled to in the spooler service.

USB 1.1 and 2.0 can make a difference as posted before, but I'd start with RAM and bring it to at least 512MB for Windows XP, assuming you are using XP Home or Professional.

Also check to make sure the CPU Fan and Heatsink are not clogged with dust ... P4 systems have Thermal Throttling to slow the CPU when running too hot. A clogged fan and heatsink will cause the P4 to run like a P1 if having to Thermal Throttle.

Dave

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 05:04:44 AM »
      Thanks everyone for getting intouch with your suggestions, and my apologies for coming back so late, i was on a trip.

As suggested to increase the memory, i did so, i increased from 256Mb to 1GB, still no solution, I'm thinking on buying a PCI USB card 2.0 and see what will be the results, i will certainly get intouch again and give a feed back on this issue, once again thanks for the help

liambiscuit

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 07:16:59 PM »
        im not even going to bother reading any of this---

BUY A NEW *censored* PRINTER!!!
        " When the rich wage war its the Poor who die "
                Linkin Park

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door. -- Lauren

You cannot buy your friends but you can buy them pizza - AzureBlade49

Deerpark

Egghead
          « Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 06:03:46 AM »
          im not even going to bother reading any of this---
          Then don't bother posting...
          Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
          Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

liambiscuit

Hopeful

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 08:11:50 AM »
            **spitballs deerpark**

XD
                    Linkin Park

Whoever said that nothing is impossible has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door. -- Lauren

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 10:57:55 AM »
            Please consider if you are adding anything constructive before hitting the Post button.

This is not a kiddie chat site.

patio.
            Moderator.
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

liambiscuit

Hopeful

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 09:34:39 PM »
              0.o didnt c that mod thing before....
                      Linkin Park