Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is there any way to convert PDF files to Word Document?  (Read 4812 times)

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Is there any way to convert PDF files to Word Document?
    « on: November 20, 2007, 10:44:11 AM »
    Hi everyone, I'm using a Adobe Reader 7.0, and i frequently receive PDF file, of which some need editing, i would like to find ou is there any way to convert PDF files to Word Document? If so what can i use and how do i go about?

i would relay appreciate if there is a solution for this, for it will make my work allot easier.

hardradio

Re: Is there any way to convert PDF files to Word Document?
    « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 11:45:28 AM »
    1. Purchase adobe acrobat
    2. use a freeware utility like http://www.pdf995.com/

D.

alyoob

Intermediate

• Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 11:47:47 AM »
      When you open  the file in adobe acrobat go to file save as text then save the file where you want. The file will be in .txt. Right click the txt file and click properties.  Choose what program you want the file to open up to then edit the file.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 12:10:45 PM »
      1. Purchase adobe acrobat
      2. use a freeware utility like http://www.pdf995.com/

pdf995 will not convert PDF to a Word doc but pdfEdit995 will.  I believe it's also free.  Both pdf995 and pdf995edit will display a sponsor page in your web browser each time you run the software. If you would prefer not to see sponsor pages, you may upgrade by obtaining a key at any time for $9.95.

cyborg3

Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 04:54:20 PM »
        I have had success simply copying and pasting text into Word from PDF files. I haven't tried pictures though.

soybean

Genius
        « Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 08:40:21 AM »
        Eh, the copy and paste method doesn't work well at all if the PDF document has, say, 3 columns of text on the page.  The problem is that the columns are not retained when copying into Word and, as a result, the text from the columns becomes intermixed when copied to Word.

DaveLembke

Sage
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 01:30:57 PM »
        Saving as TXT will dump almost all formatting and pictures etc, it will become raw ascii looking. Its better to save as RTF ( Rich Text ) to keep more formatting although you will still lose formatting and pictures etc.

You should be able to edit through latest Adobe Acrobat Professional Edition unless the author of the PDF file has selected protection on it. What is the need to convert to Word when in Adobe you can edit the PDF as long as not protected?

Dave

soybean

Genius
        « Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 01:42:31 PM »
        That may all be true, but the original post gave no indication he has Adobe Acrobat.  He only has Adobe Reader and is seeking a way to edit the files, most likely without the cost of purchasing the pricey Adobe Acrobat.

lino124

Topic Starter

Intermediate
          « Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 11:07:29 AM »
          Hey everyone, sorry for the late reply, and i realy appreciate for all the reply and help. like i said i'm using Adobe reader, and i dont have Adobe Acrobat.
          But i will try to get it, if that is what is recomended then i will use that, maybe i just need the steps on how i can do the editing in Adobe Acrobat.

I will try to us Adobe Acrobat on document that i dont want to lose the formatings, but on the other one i can use the other sugested options, like saving it at RTF.

But can someone give me the steps on how i can go about doing the editing in Adobe Acrobat? Thanks for the help.

soybean

Genius
          « Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 11:26:02 AM »
          Are you ready to spend about $300?  That appears to be about the minimum for Acrobat; that would be Acrobat 8 Standard.   For Acrobat 8.0 Professional, you'll pay about $450.  How's that sound to ya?   ;D 

Price quotes come from compusa.com, right here.

GX1_Man

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 10:02:57 PM »
          You might take a look at OpenOffice to see if it can read .pdf I know it can write them, and it's free.

A copy of Wordperfect x3 may be helpful for several reasons (and can be had for $30) but this is one:

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Section/Display&sid=1047024315119&gid=1047024331836&cid=1047026187940

Google is also helpful:

http://digital-vector-maps.com/tutorial-import-pdf-into-powerpoint.aspx

But the only guaranteed solution is to use Adobe's patented products, for now.

unclegeorge101

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 10:04:30 AM »
          Set up a blank word doc. Min. same.
          Bring up pdf file. If columized you must mark 1 colum at a time and right click copy. If in regular letter format mark and right click copy whole thing.
          Bring up word doc and right click paste. Go back for each colum as nessisary.

soybean

Genius
          « Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 10:12:39 AM »
          If columized you must mark 1 colum at a time and right click copy.
          That's the problem.  Adobe Reader won't let you mark 1 column at a time.