Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WoW ( World of Warcraft ) Private Server  (Read 4193 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
WoW ( World of Warcraft ) Private Server
« on: November 21, 2007, 11:14:13 AM »
Hey,

I see many private WoW servers online and found a few links to download the software and database to create your own.

Question I have is has anyone here successfully created one and if so what software, hardware, and database did you use. Also any other tricks to making it work?

I am not sure if it is legal or not as well, but I see a whole bunch of them online and it would be neat to have a bandwidth friendly method of a lan party at our company that doesnt eat up the single DSL connection that 5 locations share for internet access.

Being that I pay my $15 a month to Blizzard I dont see it as piracy as long as you pay them their $15 and each member of the lan party has a real active account in which they are paying their $15 as well.

Thanks,

Dave

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: WoW ( World of Warcraft ) Private Server
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 05:32:05 PM »
The end user license agreement for WoW specifically states that this isn't allowed, and you risk having your account banned for doing so. WoW does contain monitoring tools to see what programs/websites are running when WoW is (Blizzard admitted to this). It does this to prevent people from using hacks and visiting websites that contain exploits and sell gold.

As for it being illegal or not, it depends on where you live.