Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Playing World of warcraft, jerky graphics, not sure why  (Read 3706 times)

Karroog

Topic Starter

Rookie

Playing World of warcraft, jerky graphics, not sure why
    « on: November 12, 2007, 05:42:36 PM »
    Hey all, playing World of Warcraft for a bit, but recently had some issues with graphics, need some help and stuff:

Operating System: Windows Vista

Computer Hardware: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
                                 EVGA 512-P2-N773-AR GeForce 8600GTS 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
                                  AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADX6000CZBOX
                                    Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model                                                                                                                         

This mostly has to do with graphic issues.  Because the graphics card is decent, I play the game on its highest settings.  A few weeks ago I noticed the graphics became almost jerky at times.  Was really wierd.  Scanned for spyware, updated software for video drivers, and then did a defrag and still to no avail.

Not sure what to do next, any suggestions?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Playing World of warcraft, jerky graphics, not sure why
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 11:08:16 AM »
    I had a problem like this and found that my hard drive was fragmented badly, and the swap space required for the game being that I had 2GB of Ram was set to 3GB to 4GB swap space.

I defragged and the choppiness went away

Check your fragmentation is my suggestion.

Dave