Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD Reader Not Working.  (Read 3908 times)

YumTako

Topic Starter

Rookie

CD Reader Not Working.
    « on: November 21, 2007, 10:18:12 PM »
    I'm not too computer savey, so please bear with me.

I'm having problems with my CD Reader. I recently purchased a new hardrive, and I've had to download and install drivers. When I installed Windows, it worked fine, but I just tried it for the first time other than that, and it doesn't show up in My Computer, nor will it read any of my discs.

I have a Sony Vaio notebook. VGNFS790 model. The drive is called QSI CDRW/DVD SBW-243. The device status is as follows:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, yet not luck. I've been downloading drivers from the Sony Vaio website for my model.

So I have two questions: Would have downloading and installing a certain driver caused this problem? And, is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks

nickc1976

Intermediate

Re: CD Reader Not Working.
      « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 06:22:33 AM »
      It may be a firmware issue. Try the manufacturers website to see whether they have a firmware upgrade
      http://www.pc-citadel.com - PC and Laptop repairs upgrades and customization

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: CD Reader Not Working.
      « Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 10:39:46 AM »