Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Receiving email at two email clients  (Read 2363 times)

jandal

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Receiving email at two email clients
    « on: November 21, 2007, 02:28:10 PM »
    I have an Intel Pentium 166MHz w/MMX computer and use Windows 98SE. Recently I installed Earthlink's WebMail to use for sending/receiving email after my Netscape 7 email program malfunctioned. But lately I notice that email messages are going to BOTH places and I am very confused because I am unable to reply or even print a message from Netscape. It seems as if the two email programs are competing with each other. Since I prefer using Earthlink WebMail, should I uninstall my Netscape 7 email program and hope that my messages would all go directly to Earthlink WebMail? Is there a risk in uninstalling? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jandal

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Receiving email at two email clients
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 02:35:34 PM »
    I have no idea how you have Netscape set up but I see no point whatsoever in keeping it if you have an Earthlink account and your Earthlink mail is working, which it apparently is.  I used Earthlink for 5 years or more until a change of telephone providers in the area forced me to change to EMBARQ. 

You can access your Earthlink mail via their WebMail interface and/or receive your mail in an email client installed on your computer, such as Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, or Mozilla Thunderbird. 

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Receiving email at two email clients
    « Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 06:40:44 PM »
    Netscape won't look for new mail until it's open.
    If you're still using Netscape, so you have to open it, you can disable mail pick up, under account settings:
    "Check for new messages at startup".