Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2004 HELP  (Read 2563 times)

NYPAUL75

FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2004 HELP
« on: November 22, 2007, 07:55:21 PM »
My flight simulator will not work anymore!  I went to a website and copied and pasted an airplane into my "aircraft" folder.  Ever since then when I try to launch the game, it comes up with FS9 error.  I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.  SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!

[email protected]

EMail address removed to prevent Spam.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 05:34:20 AM by patio »

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2004 HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 09:13:42 PM »
Try uninstalling the game, and then run Karens Registry Pruner against the system to remove orphan registry entries for the flight simulator. Also go to program files and remove the folder if it is still there after these 2 procedures to be sure that the install is clean before attempted again.
Some programs have bad / dirty uninstallers that leave remains behind after removal and manual procedures need to be run to clean up the mess.

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptpruner.asp

When adding extra features to a game sometimes there are also other files associated with the added feature/object, such as DLL files etc. Missing these can cause the game to puke when it expects a handler that is missing when launching the program.