Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD drver is not reading  (Read 5650 times)

Nic peel

CD drver is not reading
« on: December 20, 2004, 01:00:57 PM »
Well last night after i restard my computer i put in a cd and it would not read it.  So i put in a few other cds and it would not read them either.  It wont read anything i put in it doesnt even showthat theres anything in the drive. What should i do?! ??? :'(

Dur-E-Wahab

Re: CD drver is not reading
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 01:02:02 PM »
Hello and how are you? Your CD DRIVE may not for the following purposes:
1)- If you were using ur CD DRIVE before you restart ur PC then it may possible that you CD DRIVE's power cable's conection is lose or that power cable is out oof work. Try to connect diff power cable.

2)- The above problem may also caused because of deffective Data Cable. Try to use ur CD DRIVE's Data cable with ur Hard Dive and see if it works.

3)- Before doing above things, restart ur PC and pres pause button on ur keyboard when you see first screen then put any CD in your CD DRIVE and see if it works.

OTHERWISE YOUR CD DRIVE MAY BE DEFFECTIVE
Take care of you and others and be happy.
Dur-E-Wahab

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 01:16:56 PM »
Who is the manufacturer of your CD Drive? If you can go to their website, they can give you the LATEST drivers, that will probably solve your problem...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

martinweston

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 09:46:13 AM »
CD drives are so cheap now if it isnt a new drive might be worth just getting a new faster one? CD RW drives are only like £17 now!