Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: viruses  (Read 4955 times)

greenmonsters

viruses
« on: January 01, 2005, 07:17:05 PM »
my computer has viruses how can i clean out my hard drive?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: viruses
    « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 12:32:52 AM »
    greenmonsters......next time try and put your post in the right place....this is for driver issues.....but since your here ....here's what to do ........Using another pc , go to   http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/   and download stinger ....onto a floppy disk .......Now go back to your infected pc and disable your internet connection , disable the "system restore" if you have one ... Now run stinger and delete whatever it finds .  Run stinger again just to be certain .......Now it should be safe to enable your internet connection .....open your anti-virus and check to be sure its subscription is current and you have the latest updates .......now scan your system again with your AV.......when you are positive its clean enable the "system restore". BTW what Anti-virus are you using ..........I ask because you failed to mention that or which o/s your using . How did you become aware that you have some virus ?

Please let us know

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 12:34:13 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: viruses
    « Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 01:15:38 PM »
    Buy an antivirus program... You REALLY NEED to have one now days.... There's too much of this "virus" thing going around on computers now. Its just a basic need...  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]