Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Opening mpegs from websites  (Read 2429 times)

Crowman

Opening mpegs from websites
« on: November 25, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »
I'm trying to open mpegs from a website, and my computer was automatically opening them with quicktime. I also have WMP 11 and realplayer installed. I played around with 'set program access and defaults' on the start menu, to try and change the default to WMP but now mpegs won't open directly at all - computer asks me to save. Any ideas how I can change my settings?

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Opening mpegs from websites
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 03:02:10 PM »
Save the MPEG file to your desktop, and then right click it, and select "Open With..."
Find Windows Media Player, or the player of your choice.

If you cannot open it in Windows Media Player, you need the codecs. Download K-Lite Codecs Pack (Full version, free) from here: http://filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 03:19:27 PM »
I don't know what browser, you're using, but in Firefox, for instance, you need WMP plugin installed in order to watch on-line videos in WMP.

elxr06

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 04:43:33 PM »
there might be option to "open in windows media player" or something similar. That way, when you click on mpg link, wmp will automatically load and play file without you saving it first.

sometimes, you have to save to computer before you can play.

I am using firefox, and that is how it worked for me.