Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Retrieving e-mails that are long deleted  (Read 2860 times)

big builder

Topic Starter

Rookie

Retrieving e-mails that are long deleted
    « on: November 25, 2007, 04:46:16 PM »
    Hello everyone,

This may be one of the strangest questions questions posted here.

A little while ago I had to take my computer in because it had crashed.  When it was returned I found e-mails in  my inbox that were at least five years old.   I had deleted them way back then but  there they were again.  I found while parusing them that they were  a useful tool now. I was wondering if old e-mails are stored in some magical place in a computer that they can be brought back.  I could use some of the info from that timeperiod.

elxr06

Re: Retrieving e-mails that are long deleted
    « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 04:51:02 PM »
    that should not happen for which old emails that you sure you deleted "magically" reappared in inbox due to computer crash fix.

but are you using some windows live or outlook program?

but if you are using something like a ISP's email system, ISP's might keep copies of your old emails. NOT for soliciting nor do you have to worry about privacy, BUT if you were to get into any legal issues requiring email check.

Other than that, i don't know why you get very very very old mail back if you certain it's gone the first time.

big builder

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 05:13:27 PM »
      Yes,

These e-mails jumped out right away because of the date.  I was really strange to say the least.

I just use outlook express for e-mails.

Too bad it would have been helpful.

Thanks for everything.

elxr06

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 08:31:30 PM »
      system restore might give you back older emails that existed on that particular restore point. But not 5 years old?