Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Warning : small virtual memory , increase paging file size  (Read 3507 times)

nabi

Warning : small virtual memory , increase paging file size
« on: November 26, 2007, 02:42:11 AM »
Hi everyone :

I have Pentium 4 , CPU 1600 MHz , 1.59 GHz , 512 MB of RAM , with 3 hard disk drives . Drive F is master , drive E is slave to F, Drive C is slave to my cd rom drive . The operating system is Microsoft windows XP professional , version 2002 , service pack 2 , and I am the administrator .
When I turn on the computer , it shows a message warning about small paging file size . I go to "virtual memory" dialog box to fix the problem . In the "paging file size for selected drive" section , "custom size" is toggled on , "initial size" and "Maximum size" are set to 1000 and 2000 MB respectively for all my 3 hard disk drives. But , in "total paging file size for all drives" section , "currently allocated" is shown to be "0 MB" , which is in contrast to the paging file size I've set . Although I reboot my computer after setting my paging file size , the contrast still exists , as if the setting has not taken effect . I've no problem with paging file size in my other 2 pc's .
So, HOW CAN I MAKE THE PAGING FILE SIZE SETTING TAKE EFFECT ?
Please help me . I deeply appreciate you guidance .

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Warning : small virtual memory , increase paging file size
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 06:28:50 AM »
Is the "Let Windows manage" button unchecked ? ?
On the drive that contains your OS set the lower and upper amounts to 768Mg of memory and re-boot...see if these #'s stick.
Also check and report back with the amount of free space and total space on each drive. Sometimes if the settings are too high Windows will just ignore it and use it's own dynamic settings.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

nabi

Re: Warning : small virtual memory , increase paging file size
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 02:39:16 AM »