Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Weird Hotmail Problem - Error ox80004004  (Read 6226 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Weird Hotmail Problem - Error ox80004004
« on: November 26, 2007, 11:27:58 AM »
Hello,

I have a friend who is having a very strange problem where when connected from my house dial dial-up internet to her ISP, she can send/receive e-mail fine through the online hotmail website interface.

When she gets home and connects her telephone line into the computer and connects to the ISP, she gets connected and cant send or receive e-mail through her hotmail account and instead gets this strange error code of ox80004004

From both my house and hers, the connection is to the same ISP and same dial-up ISP phone number, with no changes.

I am totally stumped on this one, since I cant imagine what could be causing this problem, yet something is causing it ???

She can navigate to other websites etc with no problems, its just Hotmail for some reason. I have had her bring her system over numerous times to troubleshoot and she even spent $200 at a local computer shop to have them look it over and have her buy and install Norton Internet Security. After the $200 she still has the same problem. Where it works from my home and not hers for just this one web application interface to Hotmail.

Figured I would post the message her first to see if anyone else has had a similar problem with dial-up. Also going to contact Hotmail since they should be able to tell me what the error code of ox80004004 means hopefully.

Thanks,

Dave

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Weird Hotmail Problem - Error ox80004004
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 02:18:55 PM »
error code of ox80004004
Is there anything more to this error message?

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Weird Hotmail Problem - Error ox80004004
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 03:30:34 PM »
I will try to get her to grab a screen shot of it, or I can check her event log for any a-ha's

Dave