Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HR-03 Plus VGA Cooler  (Read 9010 times)

homer

Topic Starter

Expert
    HR-03 Plus VGA Cooler
    « on: November 26, 2007, 11:16:01 PM »
    i just installed the HR-03 Plus on my 8800 ultra. works GREAT! i managed to overclock it to 660Mhz core and 2.364 Ghz memory without any artifacting :). it idles at ~56C and under load it gets to ~74C. before the aftermarket cooler, and before the overclocking, it idled at about  74C lol. all in all, a great cooler, however it does take some patience to get the RAM sinks to stay.

an added note, the 8800 ultra, if not hooked up to supplementary power, wails like a banshee. i nearly had a heart attack. :P

Jess607

Hopeful

Re: HR-03 Plus VGA Cooler
      « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 01:29:08 AM »
      Has this forum become your personal blog?

I don't support your choice to buy an 8800 Ultra, but I will say that the best fan to buy is the Scythe S-FLEX 120mm 1600RPM model.

With the right duct, I got an 8800 Ultra, up to 725Mhz, on a friend's computer.

homer

Topic Starter

Expert
        « Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 06:57:18 PM »
        Has this forum become your personal blog?

i had some good information so i decided to share it.

With the right duct, I got an 8800 Ultra, up to 725Mhz, on a friend's computer.

do you have pics? i actually would really like to see how you did that.

Jess607

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 09:41:46 PM »
          i had some good information so i decided to share it.

Yes, but everyone already knows this. And if they don't, they will get much better information at any review site. This is just you wanting to share your experiences. You gain more from this than those reading it.

do you have pics? i actually would really like to see how you did that.

No.. he lives quite far away and I never thought of taking pictures.
          I'll be doing the same things for my 8800 GTS (G92-based 128SP) SLi when I get my new PC, and I'll probably be making a walkthrough for some of the mods I'll be performing. Be sure to check that out when it's out.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 08:12:16 AM »
          I'll be doing the same things for my 8800 GTS (G92-based 128SP) SLi when I get my new PC, and I'll probably be making a walkthrough for some of the mods I'll be performing. Be sure to check that out when it's out.

Isn't this just you wanting to share your experiences  ? ?

>:(
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

homer

Topic Starter

Expert
            « Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 04:57:35 PM »

:D

Jess607

Hopeful

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 02:42:33 AM »

How do you figure? I don't see that in any way.

He asked for pictures. I tell him that there are none, and instead tell him that there will be more in a few weeks. How can I share an experience that has not even happened yet?

Jess607

Hopeful

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 02:43:13 AM »

:D

Please, homer.. it's hard enough to take you seriously as it is, with that whole religious idiocy.

homer

Topic Starter

Expert
                  « Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 05:37:40 PM »
                  Please, homer.. it's hard enough to take you seriously as it is, with that whole religious idiocy.

i find it surprising that you take me seriously at all.

Jess607

Hopeful

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 09:30:30 PM »

i find it surprising that you take me seriously at all.

I have to. If I can't take idiots seriously, then I will not be able to take 90% of the world seriously.
                    I make the sacrifice.. for you.

GX1_Man

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 02:55:08 PM »
                    Jess, your postings are on the edge of what will be tolerated. Please cool down and think before you press the post button. You are really showing what kind of person you are. I guess you think it's not apparent, but guess what? It is.  ;)

GX1

Jess607

Hopeful

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 08:42:38 PM »
                      Jess, your postings are on the edge of what will be tolerated. Please cool down and think before you press the post button. You are really showing what kind of person you are. I guess you think it's not apparent, but guess what? It is.  ;)

GX1

I pitty your attempt to make me into an oblivious and rancorous person.

GX1_Man

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 12:51:09 AM »
                      No attempt by me is necessary. You prove the point well.  ::)

Jess607

Hopeful

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 06:49:03 AM »
                        No attempt by me is necessary. You prove the point well.  ::)

I prove that I am oblivious and rancorous, myself? How do you figure?
                        At the very least I've just proved you wrong about the oblivious part, and I am not mean to anyone if it's not justified.

If you make yourself look better than someone else, you will lose the ability to actually become so.

I will do as I wish. You can respect my wishes, or not. But I think you should, and I will try to convince you of the reason, if you want.  :)

patio

• Genius
                        • Maud' Dib
                          • Yes
                        • Experience: Beginner
                        « Reply #14 on: December 02, 2007, 09:33:04 AM »
                        If you have an issue with me then take it up with me through the appropiate channels and or take it up with The Administrator.
                        Not in a Forum Thread.

patio.
                        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "