Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Windows Movie Maker Version 2.1.4026.0  (Read 4233 times)

etheric

Microsoft Windows Movie Maker Version 2.1.4026.0
« on: November 30, 2007, 12:33:30 AM »
I just spent an entire day working on a musical slideshow for my business. I have been able to save some projects to a CD as well as a DVD earlier in the day but this evening all of a sudden I am getting an error message stating that I cannot save to a CD, only to a DVD. It says that "A recordable CD drive was not detected." I do not know how to fix this. I have been online  trying to get an answer for hours now. This is so frustrating. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have my project saved but it cannot be copied onto a CD unless I place the job back into the software. HELP. :'( :'(

gamerx365

Adviser
  • Radda Radda!
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Microsoft Windows Movie Maker Version 2.1.4026.0
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 06:37:16 AM »
hmmm it sounds like theres a problem with your cd drive, not WMM. So you have it published, try putting it on a flash drive and taking it to a different computer and burning it. also before you do that, try making sure the cd burning program is burning in data mode, or else it is trying to burn audio formats.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 08:36:54 AM »
Welcome aboard ;D

I cannot save to a CD
Is it brand new CD, or the one, you worked with before? CDR, or CDRW?

etheric

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 10:24:04 AM »
Hey, thanks for the responses.

My computer is brand new. I have both DVD and CD capabilities. I copy CD's all the time. I was also making copies of the CD directly through the Movie Maker software yesterday. Then all of a sudden I was getting that error notice and I can no longer make a CD copy of my work.

I was wondering if I uninstalled the movie maker and re-installed it... perhaps this would fix the error? Except I am not sure how I would reinstall this software. I do not know if it was part of my new programs included in my computer whenI bought it or it came from some other place.

ARGH!

Does anyone know if there is any way I can take the DVD copy of this work and change it into a CD? Is there software that will enable a conversion like this?

etheric

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 10:25:15 AM »
 So you have it published, try putting it on a flash drive and taking it to a different computer and burning it.

How do I do this?

also before you do that, try making sure the cd burning program is burning in data mode, or else it is trying to burn audio formats.

How do I do this?

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 10:32:10 AM »
I am getting an error message stating that I cannot save to a CD, only to a DVD. It says that "A recordable CD drive was not detected."
Did you try another blank CD?

gamerx365

Adviser
  • Radda Radda!
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 11:10:07 AM »
So you have it published, try putting it on a flash drive and taking it to a different computer and burning it.

How do I do this?
Just get a flash drive (aka jump drive, thumb drive) and save to it. When you plug it into the other computer it should automatically pop up.

also before you do that, try making sure the cd burning program is burning in data mode, or else it is trying to burn audio formats.

How do I do this?

Hard to say, it depends on the burning program. It sounds like you are writing right to the CD from the WMM and I didn't even know you could burn like that so I'm not sure.