Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help - how to monitor pc michrophone " live " ???  (Read 1800 times)

jono400

Help - how to monitor pc michrophone " live " ???
« on: March 10, 2008, 01:58:28 PM »
Hi new here so first off all Hi to everyone here  :) okay looking for a bit off advice on the following if anyone can help me out ??

recently fitted a DVR card to my pc so that I could monitor / record the two small cctv cameras that are around the house, the cameras had audio pick up facilites so I plugged the audio cable from one off the cmeras into the rear michrophone input jack on the pc itself, this was fine with the aid off my dvr card I could record video and sound which is exactly what I was looking for.

then decided I wanted the option off being able to monitor the incomming audio live ie without having to first record it and then play it back , I was not 100% sure how I would configure things to be able to do this so I went into the sounds and audio devices in the control panel, there I see I have the following information :

volume tab - Realtek HD rear output - mute is unticked.

audio tab - line in / mic in - volume, the " advance " option is not availble ie. greyed out.

voice recording - line in / mic in  volume - test hardware, again the advance option is not availble here.

so okay tried the test harware option above and I was advised that there was no michrophone connected and that to check connections etc, this to me was strange as again I knew the audio was being picked up from the michrophone input - 
 socket with it being able to be recorded when used with my camera !!
I then checked the windows sound recorder programme within windows xp and again the michrophone audio was being detected and playing back okay ??!!!

so okay anyone any idea why the michrophone is not being recognised by the test hardware page within the voice recording tab ??

lastly back to my original request !! if indeed it is possible to listen to any incomming audio that is comming into the pc via a michrophone as opposed to having to record it first and then play it back just wonder how I would configure my pc to be able to allow me to actually do this ??

if I knew that it would allow me then any ideas how I could get the live audio to the DVR card ?? thought about taking a link from one off the rear speaker outputs on the pc itself and connecting it to the audio input off the dvr card, likely to work this way or cacn anyone suggest any other ways that I could try ??

bit off a long one !! hopefully I have explained in enough detail sorry if not !! any advice would certianly be very much appreciatted.

kind regards,
                        john