Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2003 notes and Excel  (Read 2365 times)

krakenslayer

Outlook 2003 notes and Excel
« on: December 03, 2007, 04:40:56 PM »
Hi there! I've got a bit of a problem, and maybe someone in internet land can help me.

I am trying to share an Excel spreadsheet with several other users in my office by placing it in the "notes" section of Outlook, as we don't have access to a shared network drive but we can set permissions to allow others to view and edit files in Outlook. I know this is possible because I have successfully done it before, but it was accidentally deleted and I can't remember how I originally achieved it (getting it to work was a bit of an accident in the first place). Every time I try to simply drag it into Notes, it appears as an empty note and not a viewable spreadsheet.

Any ideas?

nickc1976

Intermediate

Re: Outlook 2003 notes and Excel
    « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 04:19:13 AM »
    You won't be able to share a documents using the Notes section. Do you have a Shared Folder in your folder list?

If you are in an office, ask your IT department/Network administrator - they will know the best way for you to share documents.
    http://www.pc-citadel.com - PC and Laptop repairs upgrades and customization