Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: error message h**l!!  (Read 3103 times)

mafia_boy

error message h**l!!
« on: November 04, 2007, 07:43:47 AM »
I keep getting this error message on various apps in xp pro, ive got the error code but just cant seem to find a fix for it? was wondering if you gurus are up for the job?? lol, i  hope so cuz its driving me nuts, this is the error message im getting;
Application Error : The instruction at "0x00400154" referenced memory at "0x00400154". The memory could not be "written". it just gives me the option to; Click on OK to terminate the program/Click on CANCEL to debug the program.Like i say its only happening on random apps but its stopping the apps from running tnx for any fixes or help in advance guys.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 10:11:42 AM by patio »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: error message h**l!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 10:12:16 AM »
What apps ? ?

More info would be great !
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 12:58:10 PM »
Please remove the video clip from your signature. It is unneccesary and unfair to members on dialup. Thanks.

GX1, Moderator

mafia_boy

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 02:36:03 PM »
Please remove the video clip from your signature. It is unneccesary and unfair to members on dialup. Thanks.

GX1, Moderator
sorry bout that, ill stick to no siggys on this forum ok! NP

mafia_boy

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 02:42:52 PM »
What apps ? ?

More info would be great !
its happening on a random basis really but i can produce a "HijackThis" report if that would be of any use to you at all, ive had no joy on any searches ive done on this error??  its very annoying but any help would be greatful tnx.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 05:55:44 PM »
Not really convinced it's a malware issue.
Have you checked the Event logs in Administrative Tools in Control Panel ? ?
This may yield some more clues before we go hunting for malware...

mafia_boy

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 09:05:34 AM »
Doing so right now Patio, ill post back as soon as ive read them, tnx.

programming_pat

Apprentice

• I like Rabbits and Guinea pigs
    « Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 08:50:18 PM »
    are you using current virus and spyware programs and are they updated reguraly?

mafia_boy

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 03:39:48 PM »
    Yes im using Kaspersky Internet Security 7, Adaware 2007, all the latest cleaners, ie ccleaner, winxp manager ect, ive exhasted all of my efforts on this! i also have a screenshot of the error if its of any help to you?? just say and i will post it no probs?

Also i must still check the windows error logs also, soz i forgot?? oooops, lol.

mafia_boy

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 04:40:37 AM »
    I managed to sort out the problem, well i found a fix for it but im not really happy with what i had to do to fix it! i was told to disable the DEP in windows via the boot.ini file, i tried it just to see if it would repair the fix and TBH it has!!??  I have had no "memory could not be written" type errors since? but disabling the DEP is very extreme IMO, what does everyone else think? I always keep on top of my sys cleaning, be it virus-spyware-general windows directory maintenance!

The big question is should i leave it this way? or enable it again and look for another fix?  Also i got this fix from the Microsoft support site! lol.  Please i would like to hear your thoughts on this.  @ the moment my system is running excellent!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 11:51:02 AM »
    In most cases, these problems may be solved by disabling the DEP features. DEP can be turned off on a per-application basis, or turned off entirely for all non-essential Windows programs and services.

From Microsoft: This should be the only safe way to to disable DEP...

Why have you not looked at Event Viewer to determine which app is causing the problem ? ?
     ::)

mafia_boy

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 01:02:29 PM »
    I think i found the error Patio, it was Office 2007 that caused the problem in the 1st place but all fixed now! tnx for the guidance anyway mate.

GX1_Man

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 08:27:32 PM »
    As a late note, AdAware's latest version has some issues (other mainstream products find things it has just overlooked in a scan) and I would certainly not count on this as my only source of spyware protection. ;)

mafia_boy

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 05:47:58 AM »
    As a late note, AdAware's latest version has some issues (other mainstream products find things it has just overlooked in a scan) and I would certainly not count on this as my only source of spyware protection. ;)
    MMmm, thats nice to know dude, tnx for the heads up, any recommendations on what else to use?? all im using @ the mo is kasperky IS 7 & adaware 2007!!