Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Router  (Read 2634 times)

tommy gusack

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Wireless Router
    « on: December 01, 2007, 06:30:13 PM »
    Hi, I was wondering what router should I get, the price should be $30-$70, I have a modem and wired D-link, and all the slots of the D-link is full, and so I think I need a wireless router, and do I need a switch ? because I am getting a wireless router ? I am thinkin about getting the Linksys 4 RJ-45 10/100Base-TX Ports, Up to 54 Mbps, Wireless-G Router, Access Point, Firewall. But not sure yet, :/, any help would be great. Thanks!
    Theres always.....always something to grab a hold on.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Wireless Router
    « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 01:45:06 PM »
    This router seems to be a popular choice: Linksys WRT54G Wireless G Router - 54Mbps, 802.11g, 4-Port

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 07:44:14 PM »
    I would go with Linksys or Netgear. Both are good, reputable brands. Personally, I use a Netgear DG834Gv2 and Netgear PCI cards in several of my desktop computers. I've had this setup for several years. I've had no experience with Linksys tech support, but the two experiences I've had with Netgear's support have been fantastic. Very prompt, polite, personal, and thorough responses... not automated replies that try to guess what your problem might be, wasting your time with incorrect solutions. Both cases were problems with my head, not problems with their equipment.

tommy gusack

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 10:48:14 AM »
      Um.. I think I might found the right one.
      Theres always.....always something to grab a hold on.