Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hp laptop with XP operating sysytem  (Read 2142 times)

Diondre

Hp laptop with XP operating sysytem
« on: December 02, 2007, 04:46:11 PM »
Today,my computer froze and was unresponsive to ctrl alt delete so I did a hard shutdown. When I tried to turn it back on it would not start up properly. It stays on the blue screen that says windows is starting up. What can I do to fix this?

DonMCN

Re: Hp laptop with XP operating sysytem
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 05:07:12 PM »
Hi Diondre,

Were you downloading anything today? If so, maybe you contracted some sort of virus or other malware. The Windows blue screen of death is all too famous after you've received a virus or something else that has destroyed system files. My recommendation as a Windows user would be to, if you're able to, run a virus scan on your computer. If you're unable to get into the computer at all, try using Safe Mode. You can get into Safe Mode by pressing F8 while your computer is starting up. You may have to press it multiple times. After you've gotten into Safe Mode, run the virus scan there.

If after all that your computer is still unresponsive, I would recommend doing a complete reformat of your hard drive and reinstalling Windows XP. Your HP Laptop more than likely came with a reinstallation CD.

-Don

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Hp laptop with XP operating sysytem
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 06:37:05 PM »
You say you have a blue screen. What exactly does it have written on it?