Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XSLT/WORDML compatibility issue between Office 2007 and Office 2003  (Read 4727 times)

tthomas17

I've written several XSLT files that take xml from a web service and translates it into a Microsoft Word 2003 Document using WordML. The problem I'm having is with the headers and footers. They seem to be switching from landscape to portrait constantly when the document is viewed in office 2003, but if viewed in office 2007 it looks just fine, apart from them all appearing as portrait header/footers.

I use modular xslt files to create the word document, each section in the document is pulled through a different xslt file to make reusability much easier. The headers and footers are also inherited from a different xslt file and not hard coded into each one.

I need help figuring out how to make my header/footer file work properly and how/where i would need to call that template into the rest of the main document.