Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with reset bios  (Read 2126 times)

alekv

Help with reset bios
« on: December 07, 2007, 10:21:56 AM »
Hi
I am pulling what is left of my hair out at the moment. I stupidly reset the bios on my Athlon 1700+. I now cant seem to set it up so that it gives me the usual speed of 1.4mhz , it seems to want to run at 1.1mhz.

I am using an a7v266-E mainboard, bios version 1015, the multiplier is X11 and the bus speed seems to be 100.9, rated bus speed is201.8mhz.

I have tried all the combinations for settings in the following fields to no avail....
CPU speed(I have a choice of manual , 1100 or 1467)

CPU system frequency multiple (set at X11 which i think is right

System/pciFrequencyi have a range starting from 100/33 to227/57 (tried various settings here but always forces me back to 1100mhz

System/sdram frequency ratio it is set to auto but i also have achoice of100:100 or 100:133

I have used cpuid and it tells me that the memory frequency is 134.3Mhz (FSB + 33Mhz ) Not sure what this means but it may point to a solution.

I have read elsewhere on the site that i may also need a new battery ( not replaced at all since new a long time ago!

I would appreciate some help as my wife is getting fed up vacuuming the carpet!

Idiot free instructions on which settings to change would be great and a pointer for saving and restoring/reviewing settings would be good.

Many thanks in anticipation

Alek

homer

Expert
    Re: Help with reset bios
    « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 05:20:23 PM »
    i second the new battery. its a cheap fix, and if it doesnt fix the problem, at least you have a new battery :D.

alekv

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 11:04:55 AM »
    Thanks. still no solution though!

homer

Expert
      « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 04:26:37 PM »
      did you get the new battery?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 04:38:51 PM »
      Did you reset the BIOS or did you flash the BIOS ? ?
      There's a huge difference...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "