Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: about graphic card Gddr2,Gddr3,& Gddr4  (Read 2100 times)

kuszmania9999

Topic Starter

Adviser

• citizenship
  • Experience: Beginner
about graphic card Gddr2,Gddr3,& Gddr4
« on: December 07, 2007, 10:40:37 PM »
what's the differences?Can my motherboard support it?
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/mb/content.php?S_ID=245
how to determine either i can use it or not?what should i check?

homer

Expert
    Re: about graphic card Gddr2,Gddr3,& Gddr4
    « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 11:06:35 PM »
    gddr is memory specifically made to handle the demands of graphics processing, it is isolated to the video card and therefore motherboard support is not an issue. gddr 2,3,4 are just different versions, each faster and more efficient then the last.

as for your motherboard, i would HIGHLY recommend a new one as that one is quite old and will be unable to support any newer graphics cards.

kuszmania9999

Topic Starter

Adviser

• citizenship
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 04:09:59 AM »
    that's mean my motherboard only support graphic card ddr1??isn't it?
    for my mobo, what are the best graphic card that i can have?my mobo only can take 3.0Ghz Pentium 4, 2Gb RAM, ONLY AGP.I'm not planning to buy any, just incase i won lottery i buy one for you :)

homer

Expert
      « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 04:55:23 PM »
      that's mean my motherboard only support graphic card ddr1??isn't it?

it means your motherboard can only support PCI and AGP video cards, it cannot support the newer PCIe cards. as i stated before the type of memory on the video card is isolated from the motherboard, therefore motherboard support is not an issue.

what are the best graphic card that i can have?
      your choices are very slim. your motherboard can only support AGP X4, it is compatible with AGP X8 video cards, however, the speed of the video card will be substantially reduced. i cant seem to find any AGP X4 video cards, all the ones i can find are all AGP X8.