Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Part Brands?  (Read 2219 times)

vannie4christ

Computer Part Brands?
« on: December 09, 2007, 02:59:44 PM »
When buy memory or any computer insides can you put a different brand in your computer and still work? Like I have a compace computer and want to up grade it. Can I put a different brand in it?

homer

Expert
    Re: Computer Part Brands?
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 03:41:10 PM »
    compace computer? i have never heard of that manufacturer, did you mean compaq? are you sure that you spelled it correctly?

*EDIT*

it appears that in your double post, you labeled it "compact", so i can assume that this is a compaq computer we are talking about.

heres an explantation for your question...

compaq, like dell and emachines, are simply computer manufacturers. they do not make the internals of the computer, they just put them all together. the type of RAM that you wish to put in your computer relies solely on the motherboard, what the motherboard can support and how much the motherboard can support.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computer Part Brands?
    « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »
    List more specifics on what you are trying to accomplish so we can assist further without guessing at what it is you want to do...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "