Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Motherboard and Cpu compatabilty  (Read 2260 times)

unclescruff

Motherboard and Cpu compatabilty
« on: December 09, 2007, 07:35:37 AM »
HI
I i wish to buy a new Cpu , i need to know if the new Cpu will fit onto my motherboard , is there a way to find out the make and model of my motherboard and the cpu i have. alo need to know about pin number on the cpu and mboard.
thanks

Aslo how can i find out how much ram my mboard will hold in MBytes , i have 3 slot for ram

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Motherboard and Cpu compatabilty
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 08:16:21 AM »
Download EVEREST Free Edition and run it to get an extensive report on your system.

marlon84

Re: Motherboard and Cpu compatabilty
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 09:33:31 AM »
I just built my own computer and it helped me a lot to determine at first the motherboard that I wanted. For example, I chose the Intel® Desktop Board DP965LT so it's easy to guess that an Intel processor will fit for sure with this board. If you look at the specifications of any motherboard it should indicate which processors may or may not fit. Ram type and other characteristics appear indicated as well. Take a glimpse at http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboard/index.htm?iid=mbd_main+all

Take care,