Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: live tv screen blank.  (Read 3563 times)

myfataldesires

live tv screen blank.
« on: December 10, 2007, 08:25:58 AM »
I have media center. The screen is blank when I switch to live tv. I checked the cables and looked to make sure everything was connected correctly on the inside. I have had it hooked up before and it worked fine. any suggestions?

Chrisxs5

Hopeful
  • Sup!?
    • Where we learn IT daily!
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: live tv screen blank.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 02:18:02 PM »
So what has changed since it worked and now?
Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!

myfataldesires

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 09:14:50 AM »
time. it was hooked up two years ago. I unhooked it for some reason. then never wanted to hook it up again until now.

Chrisxs5

Hopeful
  • Sup!?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 09:56:35 AM »
In that case how was it stored for the last 2 years?

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!

myfataldesires

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 11:14:40 AM »
there is a cable going to the back of the computer. I just unhooked. now that I have put a family room in the basement(computer desk being the focal point) I would like to be able to have cable and such for the kids. so I re hooked it up. when I opened media center and went to live tv it is now a blank screen. Do you think the tv tuner is broken?

also I uninstalled it and reinstalled. still not working.

Chrisxs5

Hopeful
  • Sup!?
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 10:44:19 AM »
If it was stored in a hot and cold enviroment it is posssible that it has gone bad. If you are sure you have it correctly installed that could be the possibilty. You could try the freezer trick* on it, but that would only confirm it's death. Also check the makers website for none issues.

*Freezer Trick = Put the card in a ziploc bag and then into the freezer for about 20 minutes and then put it strait into your computrer and check to see if works now. If some circuits no longer work then they would expand as they freeze and rework, temporily.