Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: URL Divert - SpyWare ????  (Read 4380 times)

robkcald

URL Divert - SpyWare ????
« on: December 28, 2004, 03:36:20 AM »
I've just helped a friend gain internet connection after removing IRC/BackDoor.Sdbot.67.L & Dropper_Small.7.BN virus with Grisoft Free AVG plus removed spyware with Ad Aware SE.

We managed to do all the updates and ran scans again, this time the system came up clean, but when we still went on the internet, we kept getting url diverts to the following websites.  Nothing seem to load on the sites, as they have a dialup connection and we closed the page.

http://amateur.freegayspace.com/leetage/green.htm/

and

www.powow.com/greenleaf420/tbc/index.htm

Nothing seems to be picking the above up in spyware or virus programs.

Any ideas?   :)

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: URL Divert - SpyWare ????
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 06:54:33 AM »
Ok. Because of the KIND of sites that you are being taken to, I would say that it IS possible that spyware is in your friend's computer..... (Or adware) I have seen it before where spyware programs can NOT delete every piece of spyware, becuase of the way the author made it....  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Trevor

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 08:19:57 AM »
Try using GIANT Anti Spyware program.  Its only a 15 day trial but it found and removed things that Spybot and Adaware could not find on my system.  It saved me from having to reformat the drive and start clean again.

Its a great program IMO.  I am most likely going to purchase it.  Paying a little money is worth it to not have to reformat your drive twice a year to get rid of spyware/adware that no other programs will find/delete.

robkcald

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 12:13:09 PM »
Many thanks for your advice, will try the program.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 02:36:03 PM »
    robkcald.....Both of the sites you mentioned are full of spyware .........I would either avoid going there ..or if you do ......dont click on any of the ads which pop up offering your pc is infected and to click for a free scan and removal............ The when you come out empty your temp internet folder and run Ad-Aware .....

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.