Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LCD monitor, is it dead  (Read 2454 times)

aussie11

Topic Starter

Beginner
    LCD monitor, is it dead
    « on: December 11, 2007, 02:28:51 PM »
    Hi
    Have a dell LCD monitor that for no apparent reason just goes off after about 2 hours.

The green power light stays on, but it’s just like the power plug has been pulled, if you switch the monitor off and back on it will work for a minute or so then switches off again.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Soviet_Genius

Re: LCD monitor, is it dead
    « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 04:55:48 PM »
    Try it on a different computer. Also, it might be overheating since you say it turns off after a while.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 04:58:52 PM »
    As Soviet Genius said, it might be overheating. I've also seen monitors do this when they're coming up on their last days. How old is the LCD you're having a problem with?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 07:28:59 PM »
    Check your settings in Control Panel/Power Management...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

aussie11

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 08:47:53 PM »
      Hi All

Thanks for the speedy replies.
      The monitor has been on 3 computers with same fault, it’s nearly two years old.
      I also think it’s a heat problem, have had the back off no dust inside, does it have a psu built in, can it be changed, and is it worth having repaired.

quaxo

Guru
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 09:47:26 AM »
      Hi All

Thanks for the speedy replies.
      The monitor has been on 3 computers with same fault, it’s nearly two years old.
      I also think it’s a heat problem, have had the back off no dust inside, does it have a psu built in, can it be changed, and is it worth having repaired.

Monitors are not easily repaired. When they are, it's not always cheap either. Check around locally, there might be a place that can fix it, or can tell you where to get it fixed.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 09:51:59 AM »
        Check your settings.  Sometimes if you dont use a pc a while and you leave the monitor on,  it will go blank.  If you dont see a screen saver or anything before it goes off.  You mite have to get a new one.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres