Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: There are no programs listed in my ADD REmove PRograms  (Read 2623 times)

PRINCESSJOAN

Topic Starter

There are no programs listed in my ADD REmove PRograms
    « on: December 12, 2007, 05:38:23 PM »
    hi
    In my Add Remove Programs icon i have no programs listed,
    IS there something that can be done to do a go back, i tried a system restore but my computer cannot locate any restore point

« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 07:26:31 AM by PRINCESSJOAN »
    JOAN F DILBERT

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: There are no programs listed in my ADD REmove PRograms
    « Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 08:55:55 AM »
    How long did you let it sit for the list to populate ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Heathen

Rookie

• Reality leaves alot to the imagination-JohnLennon
      Re: There are no programs listed in my ADD REmove PRograms
      « Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 11:49:04 AM »
      hi
      In my Add Remove Programs icon i have no programs listed,
      IS there something that can be done to do a go back, i tried a system restore but my computer cannot locate any restore point

How handy are you, in terms of working with the registry (of course, making a backup before doing anything)?  As I've said before, I'm no tech princess, but I'm not too shabby with searches. At http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q266668&ID=KB;EN-US;Q266668, this problem (as well as some others) with Add/Remove is described, along with solutions which involve registry entries.  Good Luck!
      One day, someone showed me a glass of water that was half full.  And he said, "Is it half full or half empty?"  So I drank the water.  No more problem.  ~Alexander Jodorowsky