Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop comes out of hibernation, goes back in  (Read 2956 times)

garyasta

Laptop comes out of hibernation, goes back in
« on: December 13, 2007, 03:21:59 PM »
Hi
I have a NEC Versa E3100 laptop running on Windows XP SP2. I connect to the internet via a satellite broadband connection (connected by the time the laptop comes on) and usually run on 230v connection. At the moment I am running on the batteries to check their operation, but all seems OK.

My problem is that when I switch on in the morning to bring the laptop out of hibernation, it loads up then immediately goes back into hibernation. The next time I switch on, everything boots OK. It also seems to happen when I switch on after having closed down (switched off) the laptop overnight using the 'Turn off computer' window.

The unit is set up to hibernate when the power switch is is pressed.

This problem began about a month ago and I can't identify any system changes at the time.

I run Counterspy, Avira AntiVir on schedules and regularly clean the registry and check the disk operation. I am running Diskeeper auto defrag settings so the unit is never bogged down.

Anyone got any ideas other than the batteries might be the problem. They indicate 'charging' after the unit is switched on and are at the moment showing 83% after about half an hour of non-mains operation.

Cheers
Gary