Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I need help with win 3.11 for workgroups  (Read 2126 times)

foreverdrkness

I need help with win 3.11 for workgroups
« on: December 17, 2007, 02:29:49 AM »
I just got it and all the files are together and not categorized by disks.
Does anybody have the file list or know where I can get one that is already done like that?

rashid

Re: I need help with win 3.11 for workgroups
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 03:41:24 AM »
Are you trying to Install this verison, if yes there will be a setup.exe file just run that file from dos prompt, it will guide you to installation.

There will be a utility bundled with win 3.11 for making floppy set, it makes 10 floppy sets.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 05:57:29 AM »
Sounds like an unpacked .RAR file here...
Is this the case ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Quintillus

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 07:30:03 PM »
    They don't need to be classified by disk.  Just put all the files in one directory, start up DOS, and change to the directory your Win3.11 files are saved in.  Then type Setup, choose your settings, and it'll install very quickly without even needing to change disks.  Much less work than waiting for the floppies to finish installing.

Just did it myself a few days ago with no problems  ;D.  Only caveat is that if there's a 512 file limit in non-root directories, WFW might go a bit over - Win 3.11 non-Workgroups was 462 (417 without optional drivers).