Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook email client  (Read 2445 times)

larryws

Outlook email client
« on: December 18, 2007, 01:36:02 PM »
When I try to run Outlook, I get an error message that says: "Outlook requires Outlook Express 4.01 or greater".  Apparently, I inadvertently deleted an Outlook Express library that Outlook shares and now Outlook will not run.  The message says to run "IE5Setup.exe" to reinstall Outlook Express.  I found the program on the CD, but it will not install because there is a later version of IE on the System.  The OS is Windows XP Pro w/SP2 and the Outlook is part of Office XP Standard 2002.

I found an article in the MS Knowledge Base regarding this topic, but it doesn't really tell you how to install Outlook Express in XP.  I can't figure out low to download Express from the MS Download Center; so now I'm stuck.

Has anyone encountered this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Outlook email client
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 04:31:42 PM »
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/default.mspx

Outlook Express doesn't have its own installer, it is an option of Internet Explorer. You will most likely need to reinstall the latest version of Internet Explorer with the Outlook package included.