Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Office '03 Diagnostics  (Read 2057 times)

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    MS Office '03 Diagnostics
    « on: December 19, 2007, 10:16:52 AM »
    Is there anyway to perform a diagnostic test or any tools that can be run to see if anything is wrong with the install, or more importanly if it may have been corupted in some way in MS Office.

Window's operates fine.  I've completed all the preliminary actions in the virus and spyware section of this forum. 

I was attacked 2 years ago, Dell actually reformatted (online) my system and they reinstalled the O/S and I reinstalled MS Office.  It's been clean ever since but I think somewhere after that attack is when I started noticing problems with my email. 

Word is my editor of course; I use Outlook and some Power point only. 

Anomolies occur for example; in the beginning I couldn't C&P a .gif file.  I could recieve one through an email but I couldn't C&P it say to my doc's or another email or word .doc.  Originally I was able to C&P a .jpeg or .bmp  but even now that has stopped.  There are a few other things but you get my point.  I can C&P .txt .log to notpad.  Recently; if I intend to start a new email from 'my pictures folder' and rt click a file and select 'send' > mail recipient; the file will attach to the new email.  If I add text to the new email, the email successfully sends but the text doesn't go with it to the receiver.
    If I select a 'new' email, add my text and then select 'attach'.  The recipient gets both the attachment and the text in the body of the letter.

Many times, there is a specific mail recipient who's ISP is denying my mail.  It is usually returned to me after 10 attempts.  No consistency.  It's not everybody but it is specific addresses. 

If there is anyone out there who understands this problem; I can save the next denied delivery mail explanation if you know how to read them.  There are some specifics in the notice addressing SPAM Headers and CMD notices.  The receiving ISP is heading it off at the pass like it is supposed to.  Still I have many of recipients I have no problem with.

I like fixing stuff on my own, I've already removed office using the windows install/remove control page and subsequently reinstalled office once with no change.   

I'm looking for Diagnostics and repair tools.

Thanks.