Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: new computer new problems  (Read 3780 times)

microcosm

new computer new problems
« on: December 20, 2007, 01:44:18 AM »
Just got an Acer Aspire T180 desktop, it came with Nvidia GeForce 6100 installed.  Installed City of Heroes, and it looked awesome, until my mouse disappeared. Ok, I made do.  But after logging in, the toon select page was in black and white with lines, except for certain areas were in color. The screen was offset also (tried to fix this with the little buttons on the monitor- didn't help). I loaded a toon, and in-game was the same way, all the trays were in color but the actual toon and "world" were black and white.  Is this a problem I need to fix outside of the game? Or in it?

microcosm

Re: new computer new problems
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 01:51:42 AM »
Ok, so I fiddled with the drivers and whatever, and yay! It looks awesome, but my mouse is still gone :( Help still por favor!

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 02:57:28 AM »
What do you mean you "fiddled with the drivers and whatever"? Have you installed the latest driver?

You didn't mention any other games, have you tried any? If so, do they work fine or suffer from the same problem?

Follow NCSoft's instructions for updating your driver:
http://www.plaync.com/us/support/doc_5086.html

NCSoft also recommends you try the game's safe mode when you're having graphical problems:
Try running the game in Safe Mode by clicking the checkbox on the updater that you use to start the game.  The checkbox is on the same page as the User Agreement, after clicking Next but before clicking I Agree.  This will force the game to run at minimum graphics settings.

They also mention the following, which may be of help:
Some issues may be caused by having your AGP Speed setting at 8x. Please check the properties of your video card and change the AGP Speed setting from 8x to 4x. Also make sure you have the latest versions of DirectX installed.

If the above doesn't work try un-installing and re-installing the game completely. Then run a scandisk and defrag. If the issues continue after this please contact Technical Support using the Ask a Question feature.

Deerpark

Egghead
    « Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 03:14:49 AM »
    There is also a possible fix mentioned in the second post in this thread:
    http://www.vistax64.com/vista-games/102093-my-cursor-disappears.html

Else you will have to provide us with more info about your system.
    Please read this first
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)