Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Loading Time 15mins + !!  (Read 5662 times)

Quakky

Topic Starter

Beginner

Vista Loading Time 15mins + !!
    « on: December 21, 2007, 09:21:09 PM »
    Hi,
    A friend of mine has a HP Pavillion  a1125c. He had installed Vista Ultimate on it and for many months it was working fine and loading in seconds. He had left the PC on by itself for a day (I think), turned it off and turned it back on, only to find that Vista logon screen doesnt show. I have tried the following with little to no success:

1. Tried to boot in safe mode and safe mode with Networking. It worked but took 15 mins for it to load. It got stuck when loading crcdisk.sys driver and then it booted up.
    2. Tried to boot with last good configuration Didn't work as it shows nothing (same as starting in normal mode)
    3. Tried to boot with low resolution. That didnt work either. (I waited over 5 mins)
    4. Tried to boot from DVD. This time i got the greenish wallpaper, but nothing else. I had kept the pc on for like 10 mins thinking that it was just loading something because it didnt seem like it was locked up (mouse was moving and the numlock was turning on and off) however that is the only thing that was working, nothing else. (again waited about 5-10 mins)

So do you guys know why Vista all of a sudden is not loading / taking forever to load?

This pc has been somewhat optimized for quick bootup (got rid of unwanted startup programs and services). It also has AVG antivirus so I'm pretty sure its not a virus issue.

Any suggestions are welcome and Thanks in advance  :)

System specs:
    HP pavillion a1125c
    3.2GHz P4 HT
    2GB ram
    SATA HDD's
    onboard Videcard/soundcard

Update: While I was writing this post I left the PC on to see what the heck would happen. I was surprised to see that Vista had actually started up but it took at least 15 mins for it to load.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Vista Loading Time 15mins + !!
    « Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 10:18:50 PM »
    I don't know, if it's gonna help, but try here:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=543600&SiteID=17

BTW...was it clean Vista install?

Quakky

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 11:00:33 AM »
      yes He had had a clean install...Vista worked ok for almost 4 months so I dont know what the problem could be

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 11:24:18 AM »
      Did you try my link? Renaming pcmcia files?