Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ad's Infultrating my system  (Read 4018 times)

doowopmick

Ad's Infultrating my system
« on: December 31, 2004, 10:07:14 AM »
Can somebody please help get rid of these nuisance ads. They have placed a number of icons on my desktop and when you right click them nothing happens. They have also infested my favourites drop down in internet and again when you right click on them expecting to delete it just comes up with 'close toolbar' (crafty buggers).
Ad aware appears to find the files but they still appear. Deleted them from user/cookies folder but the icons never go and the cookies just keep coming back.

Computer_Commando

doowopmick

Re: Ad's Infultrating my system
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2004, 12:24:43 PM »
Thanks I'll read it with my hangover tomorrow. Since I posted this item I installed Spybot and Spyblaster and although spy bot found problems it did not get rid of the icons. In fact, probably coincidence, but the icons have doubled there is two of each now?

Happy New year DWMick

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2004, 02:43:16 PM »
what anti-virus program have you got.....disable system restore.....and disconnect from the net and scan again......try secretmaker from download.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 02:44:17 PM by merlin_2 »

jcmccleary

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 08:20:10 PM »
If you really are finding it impossible to keep the spyware off your computer, you might try installing a firewall program.  It wouldn't get rid of the spyware already an your computer, but would keep any new spyware from collecting.  A free program that I've found very helpful is Zone Labs Security, but there are many good ones out there.  If you already have a firewall, you might want to change the settings.