Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: usb root hub will not load hardware there for cannot us my usb connection  (Read 2270 times)

zerelda

I cannot get the usb root hub to load the hardware.  I have a dell 8400 with windows xp home with service pack 2.  I have checked the irq and do not  see any conflict there.  I have uninstalled and installed the drivers so many times but does no good.  I bought a pci card and installed that and it does the same thing.  When you go into the system all you see under usb where you should see usb root hub is unknown device and yellow exclamation tags.  I have reloaded the chip set and updated the bios and still see nothing good happening.  Where does the information come from for these root hubs to load the hardware?  I am by no means a computer expert just a beginner.  This is my husbands computer and he had not used the usb until he got a ipod and could not use the usb ports so don't no how long they have been out.  He has had a lot of trouble with this computer and has had 2 hard drives, dvd drive and memory all replaced under warranty which is now expired.  So he has had to format the new drive and reinstall all the operating system and drivers.  That is the only thing I have not done yet is format and reinstall all the programs was hoping that would not have to do that.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: usb root hub will not load hardware there for cannot us my usb connection
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 12:36:04 PM »
Travel to Dell's site and enter your service tag # from the machine. DLoad and re-install the MBoard drivers and this should cure the problem.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "