Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I determine the Heat  (Read 1999 times)

Diak

How can I determine the Heat
« on: December 28, 2007, 05:26:03 PM »

Hi guys,

How can I determine the heat my computer produce. I have to determine which type and capacity of A/C system I have to put in my Lab.Therefore, I need to know the heat of all of my computer that are running in the Lab. According to those information's, I will order the A/C.

Thanks for ur contribution!!!

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: How can I determine the Heat
    « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 05:33:33 PM »
    Some motherboards have  a senor in it see if there isn't any program that came with that will let you see it.  You can get a card from www.computergeeks.com that will monitor the pc if it over heats
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

homer

Expert
      « Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 04:06:24 AM »
      i believe your BIOS should tell you your CPU temperature as well as your ambient case temperature.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 05:23:34 AM »
        You could probably try use a thermometer.  But I'm not sure how good of a reading it would get since some areas are warmer then others. 
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 10:28:33 AM »
        Do you really need such precise info to select an A/C system?  I would think the A/C supplier could give you info or you can find some independent references.  But, whatever the source of info, I would think you surely don't need to know exactly how much heat a particular computer generates. 

Here's the key point.  Wouldn't you expect that an A/C system would have the capacity to handle whatever heat conditions you're likely to encounter in a given setting with some leeway for abnormally high temperature situations under rare conditions?  And, how much difference in temp is there between one model of PC and another?  No much.