Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Freezer 7 Pro Cooler.  (Read 2131 times)

Eredell

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Freezer 7 Pro Cooler.
    « on: December 29, 2007, 08:40:04 AM »
    Hey guys -

I recently installed the Freezer 7 CPU cooler that I recieved for the holidays, reviews on this product were fantastic, saying it decreased Core temps by 20+ degrees. Though, after installing mine, I can only see a different of 5 degrees lower. My core temps are now sitting only at 55C rather than 60C. I was wondering if there is anything other I could of done wrong rather than installing it. I made sure it was installed correctly and enough thermal paste was applied.

I can answer any questions if needed.

Thanks
    -Mike

Deerpark

Egghead
      Re: Freezer 7 Pro Cooler.
      « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 09:19:27 AM »
      How is the cooling and air flow in your case? A CPU cooler can't cool efficiently if it's drawing in warm ambient air from the case.
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Eredell

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 09:23:45 AM »
        My ambient Temp is reading as 46C. Should it be cooler?

Deerpark

Egghead
          « Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 09:34:42 AM »
          Hard to say, I don't know where that ambient temp is being read. The temperature isn't necessarily the same everywhere in case. What's important is that you got an airflow that blows cool air (from outside the case) towards the CPU cooler and at the same time draw warm air away from it.
          There are plenty of airflow guides available online with different suggestion on how to achieve this. But the basic idea is to have an intake fan near the bottom of the case and one or more outtake fans further up in the case.
          Here's one example:
          http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?p=565355

I don't know what thermal paste you used but a good quality paste can reduce the temperatur quite a bit as well. I always recommend Arctic Silver.
          Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
          Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)