Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need Help!  (Read 2790 times)

Gotz

Need Help!
« on: January 01, 2008, 04:23:43 AM »
Hey all, heres my problem. My brother decided to build me a new computer as a gift while i was overseas and surprise me when i got home. The problem is he got rid of the old computer but kept my hardrive which needs an admin password to access it. As admin i had files saved in my user folder which werent accessible to others. I can't use that old h/d as a master on this new computer because of the different hardware setting XP was installed on it with. This means i cant login to XP on it to back up my stuff from the private folders. Ive managed to access some of the data on it by connecting it as a slave, but the stuff which required admin access i can't get to. So is there anyway i can access that data while that h/d is connected as a slave on this new comp? BTW, The old h/d has XP installed on it but this new comp has Vista.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Need Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 09:16:03 AM »
Try Here

But if it's a true Admin password and you have forgotten it you may be out of luck...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "