Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I use my pc to dial phone calls instead of my regular home phone?  (Read 22652 times)

LanceG

Re: How do I use my pc to dial phone calls instead of my regular home phone?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »
I have a Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem
is this a voice modem?

Deerpark

Egghead
    « Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »
    I can't really tell... No hits on that name shows up at Conexant's webpage (although a lot of laptops seems to have this modem installed). could you post the laptop make and model?
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 08:47:42 AM »
    Have you contacted your cable Co. for suggestions on how to set this up with a cable connection ? ?
    There may be a simpler solution than adding hardware...

Course if your not careful they'll probably try and sell tou something...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

bobbinggiraffe

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »
    I also work off my laptop and wondered if I can use my regular dial headset phone in my phone jack on the laptop.  I don't like the wireless phone because it interferes with my wireless connection.  The voip (like Skype) is choppy. I have the Vonage Companion - can I use that with a regular analog phone in the phone jack of my laptop?  I'm running Vista.  My option now is only to work near my analog phone - which defeats the purpose of having  a laptop.