Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: iPod questions  (Read 7573 times)

zerbit

iPod questions
« on: November 05, 2007, 06:42:52 AM »
I'm in the process of reorganizing my drives. I have designated one for programs and will designate different ones for data, depending on the program.  I have one specifically for music and plan to put all iPod music there-I have it parked on a new external drive I just bought for the time being.  The question I have is how do I move (import) the music data from where it currently is to the new music folder and get iTunes to take it? 

The iPod is my daughter's and she is telling me that once I uninstalled the program iTunes, I've lost all the songs she's downloaded and she will have to repurchase them.  Is that true?

Also, does iTunes automatically download in MP3 format or is that a settings issue?

Thanks for your help.   ???

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: iPod questions
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 10:19:38 AM »
Apple has many restrictions on music downloaded from iTombs, I mean, iTunes. ;) You can't easily move songs to another computer, and I would guess that if you do uninstall iTunes, you may not be able to access the music again.
The iTunes audio format is .aac and you can't change any settings to make them download as mp3.
There are some programs out there than can unlock the iTunes audio files so you can move them around. Take a look at www.sourceforge.net and do a search on that website for iTunes unlocker, or iTunes converter. I've seen some programs there that can help free your music.

ialans

Re: iPod questions
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 09:36:19 PM »
You can try ipod software to help yourself.