Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: www is missing in URL adress  (Read 3265 times)

sheiko

www is missing in URL adress
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:26:01 PM »
I bought a domain something.net at godaddy.com and i want to put my Invisionfree forum there. I've arranged the DNSs at dns.siel.si, where I wrote in this data:

type: CNAME
domain name: something.net
subdomain: www
adress: z15.invisionfree.com

I got 3 DNSs there and I entered them in godaddy section for my domain. I entered something.net in my Invision domain manager and set it to default domain.

Here's the catch: www.something.net is WORKING and the main forum page shows with no problems, but when i try to click sublinks (other sections of the forum), they won't load! While browser is loading the page there's a message at the bottom Loading http://something.net/wawawa...., so the www part is missing. When i enter www manually in the URL, the subforum loads with no problem.

How can I mend the settings so the subforums will load with no problem (that is, with www automaticly in URL)?

Please please PLEASE HELP!!!

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: www is missing in URL adress
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 12:56:06 PM »
did you install the forum into the main directory? Most forums require that the forum be installed into a subdirectory like something.net/forum. They www usually doesn't matter as far as I know.

sheiko

Re: www is missing in URL adress
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 01:04:16 PM »
AFAIK there is only one posibility of connecting this forum with the domain, and that is via Domain manager in forum control panel. I did as i was instructed there, but no success.