Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cleaning monitors  (Read 2058 times)

jandal

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Cleaning monitors
    « on: January 10, 2008, 01:37:45 PM »
    I recently purchased a used 17" ViewSonic Flat Panel Monitor. I have been swamped with different ideas on how best to keep it clean, everything from alcohol-free premoistened wipes to using a soft, damp cloth. There are some smudges on the monitor, possibly fingerprints, since my friend had used it for three months previously. I tried the alcohol-free premoistened wipes but they do next to nothing to remove smudges. The monitor seems to be made of glass. Any suggestions as to what I should use to clean the monitor, especially with smudges? Thank you very much.

jandal   ???

Deerpark

Egghead
      Re: Cleaning monitors
      « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
      I would just use a warm, damp cloth. That should be enough to remove fingerprints and smudges.
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Cleaning monitors
      « Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 01:48:30 PM »
      If you're sure the front of the monitor is glass, then a window cleaner like Windex should work wonders.
      But, if you're at all unsure whether it is glass, don't use it, or you'll wreck the screen.
      A warm damp cloth should work on most screens, and you can buy proper cleaning wipes from certain places.
      I remember I got a pack of 100 for about £2, but the place I got them from doesn't stock them any more.
      But while they lasted, they were good.